GP3 is a controlled formula with a single-chassis and single-engine format. The car has been developed over thousands of kilometres of testing during 2009.
Chassis and Bodywork
- Chassis designed by Dallara Automobili.
- Carbon Monocoque complying to FIA Safety standards.
- Front and rear wing made out of carbon composite material.
- Pirelli tyres.
- Three specific compounds developed for GP3 to provide:
The best suitable compound for every circuit.
- AER 6 cylinder 3.4 litres naturally aspirated 400 HP @ 8000 rpm.
- Fly by wire throttle system.
- A top speed of 285km/h.
- Lateral acceleration up to +/- 2.6 G.
- Maximum braking deceleration -1.9 G
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h: 3.0 seconds
- Acceleration 0 – 200km/h: 7.7 seconds
- Bespoke six gear longitudinal gearbox designed by Hewland.
- Magneti Marelli electro-hydraulic command via paddle shift from steering wheel.